Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sha-boom


You know what its like.....a line from some song gets stuck in your head and plays over and over and over. The one that's holding me in thrall presently is the Crew Cut's 1950's version of Sha-boom.
Doing dishes (sha-boom), feeding the cat (sha-boom), driving to work (sha-boom), right now while busily blogging....SHA-BOOM!
Woke up this morning, suddenly and inexplicably at 4.30, and there it was...sha-boom! as if someone (who obviously hates me and wants to make my life hell) yelled it into my left ear.
I suppose it could be worse. I could be waking up to "Wake me up before you go go" or "Girls just wanna have fun" or "It was an insy winsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini". Oh the horror!
Perhaps I could reprogram my compulsion.....Aussie 1960's band The Loved Ones should do it...Waking up to Gerry Humphreys' gravelly protestations of slightly stalkerish affections? Priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment